Nigela Sativa is an annual flowering plant native e to south and southwest Asia.
The fruit is a large and inflated capsule composed of united follicles, each one containing numerous seeds which are proven to have many health benefits.
The black seed is used for treating digestive tract conditions including gas, colic, diarrhea, dysentery, constipation and hemorrhoids.
It’s also used for:
• Respiratory conditions including asthma, allergies, cough, bronchitis, emphysema, flu, suine flu and congestion
The black seed oil contains phytochemicals which produce the same results as modern synthetic anti-allergic drugs but black seed does not have the negative side affects.
The anti-inflammatory, anti- spasmodic effects of the black seed oil reduces the intensity of the asthma symptoms.
• For lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels, treating cancer and boosting the immune system;
• It´s also used for birth control, to start menstruation and to increase milk.
• It´s used in combination with Cystine, vitamin E and saffron to ease the side effects of a chemotherapy drug called cisplatin.
• Prevents Post-Surgical Adhesions: Covering peritoneal surfaces with Nigella sativa oil (NSO) after peritoneal trauma is effective in decreasing peritoneal adhesion formation in an experimental model;
• Prevents Morphine Dependence/Toxicity: An alcohol extract of nigella sativa reduces morphine-associated conditioned place preference, an indication of morphine intoxication, dependence and tolerance.;
• Prevents Kidney Damage Associated with Diabetes: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has protective effects on experimental diabetic nephropathy;
• Prevents Radiation Damage: Nigella sativa oil (NSO) and its active component, thymoquinone, protect brain tissue from radiation-induced nitrosative stress;
• Exhibits Anti-Psoriasis Properties: The alcohol extract of nigella sativa seeds exhibit anti-psoriatic activity, consistent with its medicinal use in traditional medicine;
• Prevents Brain Pathology Associated with Parkinson’s Disease: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa protects cultured neurons against αSN-induced synaptic toxicity, a pathology observed in the brains of patients with Parkinson’s disease and dementia with Lewy bodies;
• Protects Against Damage from Heart Attack: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has a protective effect against damage associated with experimental heart attack;
• Prevents Alzheimer’s Associated Neurotoxicity: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has protective effects on experimental diabetic prevents neurotoxicity and Aβ1-40-induced apoptosis in the cell model;
• Suppresses Breast Cancer Growth: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa inhibits tumor growth and induces programmed cell death (apoptosis) in a breast cancer xenograft mouse model;
• Kills Highly Aggressive Gliobastoma Brain Cancer Cells: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa exhibits glioblastoma cell killing activity;
• Kills Leukemia Cells: A thymoquinone from nigella sativa induces mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia in vitro;
• Suppresses Liver Cancer Growth: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa prevents chemically-induced cancer in a rat model.